Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower

When my mom gifted me with a head of cauliflower a few weeks ago, I wasn't too sure what to do. I never used to love cauliflower when my mom would steam it for dinner. It was always predictable and boring. However, this recipe has turned me into a true cauliflower lover. It's super simple (takes minutes to prepare), which gives it bonus points with me. And it tastes delicious!

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower

1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tbsp garlic, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Toss cauliflower with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Transfer to oven-safe baking dish and cover dish with foil.
  3. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle grated cheese on top before serving. 

I served this to my friend for dinner, and she suggested adding other toppings, such as crumbled bacon bits. I think that would be a fantastic addition- who doesn't love bacon? A simple mess-free, easy clean-up way of tossing the cauliflower with olive oil, etc. is to use a large plastic zip-lock bag. Just add all the ingredients in, and shake the bag to coat the cauliflower. Best part is... you can simply toss the zip-lock bag afterwards! Experiment and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment