Friday, July 15, 2011

Seattle Adventures: Pike Place Market and The Confectional

After feasting at Henry's Taiwan, I dragged Kyle and Donnie to walk through Pike Place Market with me in the afternoon. We felt like tourists... pointing at the pig statue, taking pics of the grotesque monkfish, trying out every possible free sample there was- fruit, chocolate, honey, even chocolate spaghetti. We indulged on mini donuts (frosted with sprinkles, cinnamon/sugar dusted, plain, and chocolate), an absolute must when I trek all the way out to Pike Place. Along the way, we grabbed bags and bags of free samples of pita chips and hummus. Our mother lode was a sight to behold! Surprisingly, I had visited Pike Place more recently than either of the two Seattle-grown boys, and this made our trip even more fun, since visiting Pike Place isn't a common occurrence.

In actuality, our trip had a semi-purpose. I was determined to locate The Confectional. The bakery specializing in individual cheesecakes. I had my first experience of The Confectional's creations last Christmas, when a pharmacist brought a case of cheesecakes into work (for all of us poor hospital slaves who don't even get holidays off). I was instantly hooked. At the time, I remember the difficulty deciding between which flavor of cheesecake to choose. The pumpkin spice or the red velvet? Or the caramel? Then there was the triple berry... The store was much less remarkable than I had imagined it to be. Nothing at all like Willy Wonka's Amazing Chocolate Factory! Ah well, I guess those were unrealistic expectations. A very plain counter with a window displaying all the cheesecake flavors offered today. I finally settled on 4 different flavors with lots of help from the guys, luckily they were there or else my indecisiveness would have dragged on forever! Peanut Butter, Triple Berry, Caramel, and Raspberry White Chocolate. Of course, I brought them home for Ben and I to share. I got the Triple Berry and Caramel, and he chose the Raspberry White Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Dense, sweetened cream cheese on top of a graham cracker crust shaped into the perfect portion size. Absolutely heavenly! At $4 per cheesecake, it was definitely expensive, but worth splurging on once in a while (especially when you get holiday pay for working Christmas)!

Tourists! Haha...

Beautiful, colorful bouquets
Ugliest Fish in the World
This just might have been our favorite place that day... free samples!
The Mother Lode

Top Left: Peanut Butter
Top Right: Caramel
Bottom Left: Triple Berry
Bottom Right: Raspberry White Chocolate

1 comment:

  1. Had a great time! Didn't get to taste a cheesecake though, which I'm regretting looking at the picture.

    ReplyDelete