Monday, November 7, 2011

S.A.D.

Two words: rough morning. And it's not even noon yet. Why is it that when one bad thing happens, everything else seems to go awry as well?

Midterm comes back today, and I have a sinking feeling (and I haven't even seen my score yet). I can't enjoy someone else's happiness, because (selfishly) that means I didn't do the best on this particular test. Compounding factors that turned one bad event into a bad mood: another cloudy, gray day; burnt my green onion pancake; discovered jeans were too tight this morning; brain not working as I try (distracted by my imminent midterm score) to finish a paper.

Currently feeling all alone. And where is God in my life? I had expected to do well on this specific test, because I had put God first the weekend before taking the test. In my mind, I was good- I attended the Fall Conference messages rather than skipping out like all the other students. I had felt peace after my test and thought I had done well. Why do I feel so scared to get my grade back now?

Randomly, turned to 2 Samuel 8 in my Bible this morning. It details David's triumphs and how God was with him in all this battles. Opportune reminder to me that David was someone who put the Lord first, and God rewarded him. I need that promise right now in my life.

Well, hopefully Tillamook black cherry ice cream for lunch cheers me up a little...

1 comment:

  1. :) ... i like your new blog template. tilamook ice cream does wonders... i need to get some ;).

    good post :).

    ReplyDelete