Sunday, December 18, 2011

Clinging

::Learning to cling to my Lord, because He is completely reliable::

::Realizing that my true best friend isn't ever limited by time, distance, or a busy schedule::

::Reminded that Jesus is never too busy, too tired, or too important to extend His presence in my life::

People may disappoint me, but my God never will. Even as I sit at home alone and bored, wondering if everyone else is hanging out without me, feeling unimportant and forgotten- I desperately turn to the Lord. Why do I feel so lonely? Perhaps the Lord is using these months of living by myself, away from my built-in safety net of parents and brother, to allow me opportunities to practice depending on Him as my joy, my satisfaction, my contentment.   

Lord, I want to choose you right now. Choose you over human friendships or worldly entertainment (i.e. Hulu). Because I have Your assurance that when I place You first in my life, you will remember my choice and bless me with your promises. I want to take the first step in absolutely surrendering my life, and all that it entails, to You. 

1 comment: