Monday, December 12, 2011

In Christ Alone

This song and melody has been on repeat in my head all week long. Praise the Lord, He has been the source of my strength as I gruel through yet another finals week. This quarter has been all about learning that when I put the Lord first, He blesses me abundantly and in better ways than I had hoped or planned.

Also, this song fits so perfectly with our Bible study last week on John 16. "In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33b) Isn't this verse refreshing every time you read it?

In Christ alone, my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease.
My comforter, my all in all,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment