Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tabla

Instead of dinner at Le Pid-ge-on (this is me speaking in an exaggerated, terrible French accent), I found myself and friends at Tabla Mediterranean Bistro this past Sunday.

Getting right to the point: I adored the Duck Confit I ordered, so all was good! It made me so happy I will barely whine about the small portion sizes, really salty olives, lack of bread (don't all fancy restaurants offer bread as an appetizer?!), and the gooey bean/vegetable mixture that came with my duck. The duck was perfectly salted, crispy on the outside, and wonderfully flavored. And surprisingly, there was enough to share!

Another standout was the Tajarin pasta, creamy with hints of woody truffle oil. However, as a main dish, the pasta could be rather carb-heavy, as the dish consisted of only cream and pasta. No veggies, no meat- simply pasta. And is that really worth $18 plus tax and tip?

Overall, Tabla was good, not great. It will probably make it onto my "Portland Restaurant Recommendations list," however, with so many other great restaurants (See: Bunk, Pok Pok) in Portland, Tabla needs to up its game (and portions)!

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Duck Confiiiiiit!

No comments:

Post a Comment