Monday, November 22, 2010

Frozen Seattle

We're not quite used to snow in Seattle, definitely not snow before Thanksgiving hits! I think I can classify today as a mini-blizzard. Constant snow falling (and actually sticking!) and freezing, swirling winds that immediately numb your extremities and face. I thought I was prepared stepping out this morning with leggings under jeans and my ski jacket on over a sweatshirt, but as the day progressed, the temperature dropped and dropped. The ice cold snow hits your face with wind blasts. The roads became slicker and icier in the afternoon and evening. My friends and I were slipping and sliding along as we walked to dinner tonight. As I bussed home tonight, I saw several cars stuck in the snow and ice in the middle of the road. People had to congregate and push cars to the side of the road. There were also cars sliding into each other. I was very blessed that my bus actually made it to my stop without too much trouble and within an hour. 








My shoes actually sink into the powdery snow in front of my house. 
This is the most snow I have seen accumulate for a long time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment