Friday, November 12, 2010

Upcoming Cooking Endeavors & Refusing to be the Only Grown-Up Around

I'm tired of being the only grown-up around. Worrying about cleaning, money, time. I feel like I'm always doing what I "should" be doing, rather than what I "want" to do. Even simple chores, even if I enjoy cleaning, I feel like I end up being the only one who does them. Anyways, enough whining. I just need to start having a backbone and refuse to do all the work all the time.

Here are the next 5 recipes I intend to use (or re-use). I dug around my "recipe box" (my online account at AllRecipes), and found these that I want to use!

1. Apple Crisp- perfect since I'm too lazy to make pie crust but it's apple season!
2. Teriyaki Chicken- I actually made this one time 2 years ago, and it was a hit! I want to try it again with the frozen chicken breasts I have in my freezer.
3. Naan- I may have to wait on this one... till the holidays when I'm at my parents' house to take advantage of their bread machine.
4. Homemade Clam Chowder- enough said.
5. Stuffed Mushrooms- I have a great spinach recipe for stuffed mushrooms that I've used numerous times... but I want to try other fillings. I just love the idea of hors d'oeuvre- small, bite-size eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment