Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, New Recipes

If you know me, you know that I absolutely love planning. Planning get-togethers, planning vacations, planning what to eat for the next week, planning my grocery shopping trip. Sometimes, I think I even get more joy and fulfillment out of the planning stage than actually doing it... Here's the next 5 recipes I want to try: (and drop me a line if you want to eat it with me!)
  1. Homemade Granola Bars: I am a converted granola bar fan. I love it for it's easy inclusion into my multi-tasking, on-the-go life... essential for those mornings when I don't have time for breakfast!
  2. Baked Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
  3. Fudge Truffle Cheesecake. This was the disclaimer on the recipe: "Truffle-like chocolate cheesecake in a chocolate cookie crust. If this does not drive your mate wild, keep the recipe and replace him or her."
  4. Apple Pie by Grandma Ople: This recipe has like a gazillion adoring reviews on Allrecipes.com... which means something must be right!
  5. Teriyaki Chicken: carryover from my last "five upcoming dishes" challenge. 
Hmm, the predominance of dessert recipes was not planned. I guess I'm just a baker at heart!

1 comment: