Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Finals? What Finals?

Even though I get out of class by 12:30 everyday this quarter, my study time seems to be diminishing. By the time I get home, I end up puttering around the kitchen until 3ish, blogging for a little bit, checking emails, and then (sometimes) a nap... by the time I think about studying, it's time for dinner!

I need to get back into the groove! I used to be a study machine! What happened???

Potato, Broccoli, and Cheese Soup w/ Breadsticks

1 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp. butter
1 1/2 cups cubed potatoes (small cubes!)
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken stock
3 cup water
1 1/2 cup broccoli, cooked and chopped
1 cup. Cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
  1. In a large stock pot, saute onion in butter. Add potatoes, chicken stock, and water. Cover and bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes). 
  2. Add cooked broccoli to soup. 
  3. In a blender, puree soup. Then return soup to stock pot. Season. 
  4. Add cheese and heat until cheese is melted. 
  5. Serve warm with breadsticks!
For the breadsticks: Costco sells frozen breadsticks. Before baking, brush the tops of the breadsticks with melted butter (or olive oil) and sprinkle garlic powder. I learned this from Auntie Joyce, and it's amazing what a little extra work does! 




1 comment:

  1. No review? Needs less water, more cheese, more cream, I bet.

    ReplyDelete