Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Success!

Had a wonderful weekend at home with the 'rents and bro. I love going home, because I'm treated like a guest! My mom fusses over me, cooks for me, and for the most part I just soak it in :).

As for my dad's birthday, in the end what he really really wanted was just a quiet family dinner at home with Ben making steak and mashies, I covered dessert and was all-around sous chef, and my mom doing veggies, bread, and fish. Each of us doing what we do best! It was utterly delicious, of course! 

Even Susie got in the birthday celebration with some special snacks (aka discarded pieces of fruit)! 

In the end, my dad's vote on dessert out-weighed anyone else's! Since he didn't get to try the fruit tart last time (I sent pictures to my parents... but probably not as yummy!), I made it again this past weekend. Since I didn't need extra crust dough, I halved the crust recipe and I still had plenty of dough for a large tart and 4 tartlets! (Thanks, Jen, for the cute tart shells!)

I realized, while I have a knack for... finding yummy recipes and endeavoring in baking, my mom has the special talent (and patience) for decorating that I do not possess! In the picture with all 4 tartlets, bet you can guess which one I put together... my mom (and dad) designed the others! 


Guess which one I made!



No comments:

Post a Comment