Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Eating to Fuel Studying

Recently, I've been feeling the need to EAT in order to study... which is quite terrible news for my waistline. Eating is my reward for studying. It plays out like this in my head: "If you finish reviewing the notes and the problem sets, you can indulge in a bowl of ice cream (or that chocolate bar sitting on your desk or the Girl Scout cookies downstairs)."

It's gotten so bad to the point that I won't study unless there is FOOD at the end of the ordeal... heck, I can't even make it through studying before gobbling down loads of sweets! Sometimes, I give myself a reward just for starting to study... and then intermittent breaks (that have become more and more frequent) where I wander downstairs and peruse my pantry. 

In the spirit of full disclosure, I'll list out all the junk food I've eaten today. Maybe it'll make me feel so bad about myself, I'll stop giving in to my food cravings... probably a long-shot. I started out with a sprinkle-covered chocolate donut this morning, then gummy worms (thank you, Winco!), broke out the Girl Scout cookies by the afternoon (Samoas mmhmm), and devoured an entire Hershey's bar in under 10 minutes just now. Hmm, well I guess that isn't too bad... I haven't quite given in to my ice cream craving, but then again, the night is still young, and I really should be studying instead of blogging right now...

Overall, I think I need to find a new way to motivate myself besides food... to save myself from potential obesity and diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment