Monday, February 14, 2011

Being Happy On Valentine's Day

to all my single ladies,

I wanted to remind y'all that you are truly loved today! Very appropriately, when I led the Sunday School kids' singing yesterday, I chose the song "I am so glad that our Father in heaven, Tells of His love in the book He has written.... Jesus loves me, Jesus loves me." I told the kids, "Tomorrow (today) is all about LOVE, and don't forget, God loves YOU more than you can ever imagine!" (Well, that's what I was trying to say, I don't think it came out as eloquently...) The song's chorus goes on to repeat the line "Jesus loves me" fifty gazillion times, but it's never cliche. I was reminded just how much I am loved by God. In the words of John Shane, "God is CRAZY about you!" 

I also want to take back all the negativity I've been spewing recently. After thinking about it a little more, I realized that the best things just take time. That's true with boys (wait- no, I want a man, not a boy!) as well. I realized I can either go with the marijuana-smoking, gambling dude that's available now.... or wait for someone better that God has planned specifically for me. 

So even on this... Singles Awareness Day, I am content and satisfied. And sometimes, when I forget everything I just said above, please, PLEASE remind me forcefully that I really don't want to have just any guy right now... I want the perfect man (oxymoron?! jk...) for me! 

And lastly, I want to thank you guys for being the most wonderful support group EVER during the last few months. You guys helped me realize that being single is not the end of the world, in fact, it's far from it! Looking back of the last few months, I think I have truly grown a lot. I am much more independent. I am doing a lot more with my time! I love being able to throw myself into my passions- blogging, cooking, baking, church services. I am becoming better at being a friend, instead of being self-absorbed and self-centered. I'm enjoying life right now, and enjoying spending tons of time with my besties! 

Don't forget, you are loved by God firstly, and by me as well :). 

love,
Lyds

No comments:

Post a Comment